We are looking for a passionate and motivated MyAA School Success Manager to support potential clients by providing them information about Academic Approach and its services. You will be ideally positioned to build upon our growth if you are a(n):
- Innovator: We understand that all great things start with a groundbreaking idea/strategy and are followed with diligent and collaborative execution and insight.
- Explorer: We relentlessly pursue the knowledge needed to shape and influence student and school performance.
- Problem-Solver: We are dedicated to finding concrete and actionable solutions to the education challenges facing students. We embrace difficulties with optimism and team work.
- Organizer: We prioritize all of our activities around what’s best for students and schools and organize our activities to turn great ideas into reality.
- Builder: We are committed to the success of the mission. We believe nothing should be done without purpose and a focus on the future.
- Collaborator: We collaborate with schools to understand the unique needs of their students so that we may tailor a customized solution to drive their student achievement.
The Position: MyAA School Success Manager
This exempt, full-time position’s overall objective is to manage the implementation and successful use of MyAA by external and internal users. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of eLearning and assessment platforms, be able to plan and execute effective training and support, have strong communication skills, be an effective collaborator with other departments, and be passionate about student achievement. The position also requires strong management, organizational, and multi-tasking setting skills. Work location is Academic Approach’s Lincoln Park office.
In this position, you will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and Legal Counsel.
As the MyAA School Success Manager, you will have the following job responsibilities:
- Manage MyAcademicApproach.com Implementation and Use
- Act as resident expert on MyAcademicApproach.com (“MyAA”). Work to understand every aspect of MyAA and collaborate with developers, the Product Manager, the Executive Director of Education, and the Chief Strategy Officer (among others) to learn new features.
- Create support resources for MyAcademicApproach.com for internal and external users; continually update MyAA support resources to include newest features as needed.
- Create and continually manage user accounts, account data, personnel and student rosters, account access permissions, etc.
- Troubleshoot MyAA to resolve issues for both internal and external users in a timely and professional matter; relay issues to team members and developers as necessary
- Track MyAA issues in a central repository and report regularly on issues, issue resolution, and communication strategies to users.
- Collect MyAA usage and user-satisfaction data through various means including surveys, on-site visits and focus groups, client correspondence, etc.; analyze and report on data to provide meaningful recommendations for product improvement.
- Lend specific dedicated support to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the MyAcademicApproach.com
- Assist Product Manager with the management of ALMS Development and Implementation
- Assist with the management of feature specifications for each development cycle with the support of senior leadership and management
- Assist with quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Increase MyAcademicApproach.com Engagement
- Exceed a school’s expectations of Academic Approach by proactively training and supporting usage
- Manage and grow our school improvement initiatives by building strong relationships with administrators, faculty, students, and parents to ensure the successful implementation of MyAcademicApproach.com.
- Work hand-in-hand with school administrators, faculty, and families to train, monitor, and support the successful use of MyAcademicApproach.com to raise student achievement.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with Implementation Leads, a school administrator or faculty member designated as point-person by school leadership
- Representing Services
- Help develop and deliver introductory professional development both live and online to help school partners orient to our services and MyAcademicApproach.com successfully
- Receive in-bound customer service calls from school partners and resolve threshold questions about accessing or utilizing services
- Speak to school staff about program and service options, attend regional conferences, and participate in marketing initiatives that raise awareness of Academic Approach and the many services we offer
- Communicate with schools, counselors, and tutors as they call/email, or at the latest, within 24 hours or the next business day/
- Represent Academic Approach programs and services in the most professional manner possible
Other duties, responsibilities, meetings, activities, and number of direct reports may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
The MyAA School Success Manager position requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years tech-based product customer support required
- Teaching or education industry experience preferred
- Experience with eLearning courses required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong presentation and communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail, flexibility, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Compensation and Benefits
Academic Approach offers very competitive compensation and a dynamic, collaborative, growing company environment. Benefits include health, dental, and vision benefits, up to 10 days of accruable vacation days per year, sick time, paid holidays, 4 half days per year, 1 work from home day per quarter, 401(k) participation after one year of employment, paid maternity/paternity leave, and a transit benefit program.
Academic Approach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
About Academic Approach
At Academic Approach, we are driven by one mission: to academically support students, families, and school leaders in this ever-changing, never-boring, always thrilling assessment landscape.
Founded in Chicago in 2001, Academic Approach empowers students and educators from all backgrounds and skill levels to succeed both on and beyond college admissions testing. Through our data-driven, skills-based approach, Academic Approach provides high-impact test preparation – both one-on-one tutoring and classroom course instruction – for students, professional development and coaching for faculty, and interim/formative assessments along with in-depth analytics for schools and school districts.